Monday, July 2, 2007

Moving into McGuffey

I wish I had a picture to show for it but in all the hustle we didn't have time. Yesterday was moving day for me to the McGuffey Art Center in downtown Charlottesville, VA. I am excited, relieved, and stressed out all in one instance. Lately, I've developed the habit of falling asleep at 8:00 PM and waking up at 3:00 AM as the update ticker will indicate. The only way to not go nuts is to get up and do something to wear myself down again.
I had some real great friends help me move again yesterday. They go around to auction and deal in antiques so they are used to manuevering clumsy and heavy objects. I think I dissappointed my friend Peter with the Vandercook press move as he said he was expecting this massive monster with all sorts of crap hanging off of it. I told him that when you didn't have any help that it feels like a massive monster. All went well this time around and my sister and her husband helped me with the Pilot press and other furniture in the studio. I wasn't able to fit my beat up old table in the truck yesterday and I have to go get that tomorrow because it's on their porch still and I'm sure they're not impressed with that! I was afraid about room in my new McGuffey studio but when everything gets in it's proper place I'm sure I'll have room to spare. It is such a great space! I've got a few windows that I can open and get natural light! This is going to be so much fun! I feel like a real professional too with my presses standing ready in the middle of the room. In our rush, we aligned the Vandercook's tympan crank wrong and I'll have to enlist a few strong friends to help line it up again but I'm sure we'll be cranking out prints in no time.
Yeah, that Z in the wood blocks is oriented totally wrong. What did I tell you about artists and day jobs?
I hope to have some neato pictures soon!

No comments: