Tuesday, February 2, 2010

Closing in


The skin patches on my squid continue to spread like an infection down the length of the color block. My poor little gouge is starting to tell me more and more that honing is not enough anymore. I keep telling it that if it holds out until the end of squid's little tentacles I will sit down with the water stones for a proper session of blade restoration. This carving is tedious but not as bad as the first block done with teeny tiny spots. The larger spots make for faster coverage. It's nice to sit back sometimes and survey the progress one has made with carving. Now to rest the eyeballs before trotting off to the day job...

2 comments:

d. moll, l.ac. said...

I can hardly keep up with you! Squid looks so pettable. There used to be a Squid Festival here is Santa Cruz for years, along with an art show/competition. I always entered and one year won the grand prize!

Lana Lambert said...

!!!!!!!! I wish I could go to a Squid Festival! That would be fantastic!