Sunday, January 31, 2010

Two Posts in One Day?!


Just closing in on a personal goal. I wanted to complete the mantle of the squid in one day and I managed to do just that! It helps to have a driving force behind you when endeavoring on an arduous venture so I highly recommend Respighi's "Fountains of Rome" followed by sprinklings of Tom Waits. "Falling Down" and "Metropolitan Glide" should do the trick.
I had to get rid of all the eye parts and turn the skin into patches. The large pale orb definitely stares at you the whole time you are carving and I have a feeling it will continue to do so until I get to that part and it too will dissolve into a patterned patchwork. That will have to wait for another day.

1 comment:

Ellen Shipley said...

What a study in patience. I need a project like this. ;-j Love your graceful squid.