Sunday, December 2, 2007

I've got my work cut out for me.


I can really be the queen of clutter. Stacks of paper seem to be my real problem but as a printmaker that's just habit. I snapped this photo of my studio in the morning because the light was so pretty but the studio is a little cluttered. I've got to clean up and have everything pristine for my open house this saturday!! I've been too busy to price picture frame rail for the place but I think that would make a world of difference. I could jam random nails into the brick and cinderblock like my my previous occupants had or I could line the ceiling with frame rail and simply move things whenever I wanted. It's one thing to spackle and paint drywall but I'm not about to try that with brick.
I spent my day yesterday sharpening all my knives and I think I ground my fingers off but most of my knives are razor sharp now. I still have a couple U-gouges to finish off today but my Kirin blocks are ready to carve and then comes the hard part of deciding which paper to use!

No comments: