Sunday, May 20, 2007

Finished Key Block



Ahhhhhhhhh, finished with the key block. I still have to pull some proofs and carve the color blocks as well as dig out the kento, but I'll save you guys the agony of those superflous posts. My little Zinc medicine cabinet is finished. I flipped the image in photoshop so you could see what it would look like printed. Let me tell you, after a few weeks of carving, that messes with you head. When I flipped it, momentarily I couldn't tell if the letters were backwards or forwards. I also thought I had drawn the side objects on the other respective sides. Printmaking is a little disorienting in that respect. Anyways, that's one monkey off my back. I hope to pull a proof of the squid too so I can start some prints of him. I have to build a special registration board for that one as I carved all the way to the edges of the block.
Things have been a little nutzo in my little corner of the world as I gear up for a studio move and job change. I'd be lying if I said it didn't scare me. Oh well, here goes nothing.....

1 comment:

Shel/Nate/Anipals said...

WOW! I'm so impressed, it looks fantastic!