Saturday, May 12, 2007

Been a while


So, as usual, chaos has insued to insure my lapse in blogging. Oh well, I'll get settled one way or another. Here is a scan of some of the carving for the Periodic Table Print Exchange going on with some Etsy printers. Don't worry. It will get done. I got the two elements Zinc and Seaborgium. I am doing an old medicine cabinet styled print of the medicinal properties of Zinc. It is used to this day to cure skin burns and wounds and is taken as lozenges to help the body get over the common cold. Studies show that animals and plants that were denied Zinc in their developmental stages were stunted in growth.
As for Seaborgium, lord, that's another issue all together. There is little known about the substance as it is currently generated in particle accelerators and briefly at that. I think I'll do some sort of imagery about its theoretical valence shell. We'll see.

No comments: