Sunday, February 22, 2015

Press Work Wine


I've always thought that the best jobs in the world would be to design wine and beer labels.  I can't think of any other product that takes such creative liberty in their branding.  Even the movie industry, in my opinion, holds back on certain angles of marketing.  Beer and wine seem to thrive on coming up with the most off the wall styles for their labels.  Sometimes you get lucky and there is a tasting where you get to base your purchase on the quality of the product but more often than not, beer and wine gets sold based on the appeal of the label unless you know a thing or two about regions, years, vines, etc.  So, on the note of novelties . . .

Amanda Johnson Smith of the Art Box saw this and had to pick it up for me! What a treat!  I got a bottle of wine AND a keepsake!  They even used some printing terms in their description.  After a lovely afternoon relaxing and sipping I couldn't just toss the experience.  This little gem had to make it into my collection!  Since I work at Creative Framing, I knew which moulding would be perfect with this.  Now, to find a space on my wall and refill my wine glass . . .

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yep. Got a few of these (empty) bottles in my pressroom, too ;-)

Lana Lambert said...

Yep, *hic* they help get the *hic* creative juices flow'n. :-)