Wednesday, June 4, 2008

More design work...


For at least the next month or so, design work is all I'll be doing. I'm toying with the idea of having the pages for the "Book of Life" be either watercolor paintings first or at least monoprints (hand colored key block prints)for the show next July because I'm not sure that I will be able to procure what I need for a large number of multiple block prints. I am going to try and use reclaimed wood where I can to be more "green" but prospects have proven slim so far.
AT THE SAME TIME, I've been designing items for sale at festivals and such to finance the show. I love the art nouveau period and works by William Morris. Nelson county has so many beautiful indigenous flora and fauna that they will be the inspiration for this next line. Species include blackberries, passion fruit, tulip poplar. Though it is not indigenous, my bleeding heart is still in bloom and I was inspired to start with these designs. I can't wait to start playing with colors!

No comments: